What is Red Light Therapy
Red Light Therapy is a natural, non-invasive science-backed treatment for a variety of skin and deep tissue conditions. RLT treats mitochondrial dysfunction, increases collagen production, boosts circulation, reduces inflammation, relieves joint and back pain, helps with exercise recovery, and reduces signs of aging.
Red light therapy (RLT) is a treatment that involves shining red and/or near-infrared (NIR) light onto bare skin to stimulate healing at the cellular level.
The Healing Power of RLT
Today, scientists know that specific wavelengths of light have unique and
beneficial effects on the human body. Red wavelengths range from 620-750
nanometers (nm), and near-infrared (NIR) wavelengths range from 780-1200nm.
Decades of research have shown that the greatest amount of positive biological
effects on the human body is achieved with red light between 630-660nm and NIR light between 810-850nm. This is known as the “Therapeutic window.”
For light to have the most beneficial effects it has to absorb into the body’s
With its longer wavelengths, NIR light can be absorbed much deeper into
penetrating muscle, connective tissue, the viscera, the internal organs of the body, and even bone. NIR penetrates deep enough to treat pain, peripheral neuropathy, muscle aches, and many other conditions. Most importantly, NIR light absorbs deeply enough into the body to address the inflammation that interferes with normal cellular functioning.
- Improves Muscular healing and accelerated recovery
- Improves/Speeds recovery from stroke
- Improves/Speeds recovery from Traumatic Brain Injury
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Accelerates healing after plastic surgery and reduces appearance of scars
- Helps clear infections
- Increases endorphins
- Improves bone repair and growth
- Accelerates return to athletic activity after injury
- Reverses Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Increases Collagen production
- Improves Circulation
- Reduces inflammation and general pain relief
Overall, some of the benefits include:
- Improved muscular healing and accelerated recovery.
- Improved recovery from moderate to severe stroke.
- Improved recovery/reduction of neurological damage from Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Improvement of psychiatric disorders including anxiety and depression
- Reduced recovery and accelerated healing following plastic surgery
- Accelerated healing and reduced infection
- An increase of endorphins, which are the body’s natural pain-relieving chemicals
- Improved bone repair and growth
- Accelerated return to athletic activity after injury
- NIR light can reverse mitochondrial dysfunction
- NIR increases collagen production
- A treatment that involves shining red and/or nearinfrared (NIR) light onto bare skin to stimulate healing at the cellular level.